Journal of Supplies Chemistry A and Supplies Advances are delighted to welcome Dr Yang Xu from College Faculty London to their Advisory Boards.
Dr Yang Xu, College Faculty London, UK
Dr Yang Xu is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Electrochemical Vitality Storage within the Division of Chemistry at College Faculty London (UCL). He acquired his bachelor’s and PhD levels on the College of Science and Expertise of China below the supervision of Professor Yi Xie, and carried out his postdoctoral work within the US, Canada, and Germany. He joined UCL Chemistry in 2019 and began his unbiased analysis group. His analysis focus is rising battery applied sciences together with Na, Okay, and Ca-based programs, with specific curiosity in Na/Okay/Ca-ion intercalation chemistry, the electrodeposition of Na/Okay steel anodes, and the electrochemical mechanism of Na-S and Okay-S batteries. His group lately developed new curiosity in hybrid ion battery programs.
Here’s what Prof. Xu needed to say about becoming a member of the Supplies Advances household:
- What does it imply to you to hitch the Advisory Board of Supplies Advances?
It means I’ll have the chance to share my information, experience, and concepts with the journal and have interaction to a big extent with the analysis group of supplies science. On the similar time, it’s going to improve the visibility of my analysis and my expertise of getting concerned within the functioning and improvement of a journal. Let’s not neglect that that is additionally an important networking alternative to me.
- What’s the present largest problem you face in your subject?
I believe the most important problem for rising battery applied sciences is the hole between tutorial analysis and industrial manufacturing and utility. Typically thrilling outcomes from publications may be insufficiently related to the sensible use of the supplies because of numerous causes reminiscent of scalability of the synthesis, sustainability of the processing, the non-standardized testing protocols to check batteries and so forth. Though the event of many rising battery applied sciences remains to be at infancy, we will be taught from the paths to commercialization of Li-ion batteries and more moderen Na-ion batteries when researching new supplies for brand spanking new batteries. One other problem I believe is that we’d like extra help for the analysis of rising battery applied sciences, be it extra funding, extra consideration from business, or extra alternatives for lecturers to speak with business, although the return to the help shall be in a long run. The success of Na-ion batteries is an efficient instance.
- What advances in your subject are you most enthusiastic about?
I’m very excited concerning the new advances of Na-ion batteries remodeling from lab analysis to industrial merchandise, which has made Na-ion batteries coming into the highlight of electrochemical power storage. I’m additionally very excited to see a variety of rising battery programs together with Okay, Ca, Mg, and Al are gaining quickly growing consideration. Many fascinating analysis outcomes of those programs have diversified the power analysis panorama and additional our understanding of electrochemistry.
- Why do you’re feeling that researchers ought to select to publish their work in Supplies Advances?
Gold open entry permits analysis outcomes to be disseminated shortly and broadly. That is essential for quick paced analysis areas like supplies science and significantly useful for researchers working in these areas. Supplies Advances is within the RSC supplies journal household. It can give a large publicity of the analysis printed within the journal to the group.
Try a few of Yang’s current publications in Royal Society of Chemistry journals:
- H. R. Tinker, C. A. Howard, M. Zhou, Y. Xu,* “Exploring anodes for calcium-ion batteries”, Mater. Advances, Simply Accepted.
- A.P. Vijaya Saroja, B. Li, Y. Xu,* “Hybrid nanostructures for electrochemical potassium storage”, Nanoscale Adv., 2021, 3, 5442. (Entrance cowl)
- W. Li, Y. Xu,* Y. Dong, Y. Wu, C. Zhang, M. Zhou, Q. Fu, M. Wu, Y. Lei,* “Bismuth oxychloride nanoflake assemblies as a brand new anode for potassium ion batteries”, Chem. Commun. 2019, 55, 6507.
- Y. Xu,* F. Bahmani, M. Zhou, Y. Li, C. Zhang, F. Liang, S. H. Kazemi, U. Kaiser, G. Meng,* Y. Lei,* “Enhancing potassium-ion battery efficiency by defect and interlayer engineering”, Nanoscale Horizons 2019, 4, 202.
- H. Dong, Y. Xu,* C. Zhang, Y. Wu, M. Zhou, L. Liu, Y. Dong, Q. Fu, M. Wu, Y. Lei,* “MoS2 nanosheets with expanded interlayer spacing for enhanced sodium storage”, Inorg. Chem. Entrance. 2018, 5, 3099.
Be part of us in welcoming Yang to our Advisory Boards!