Responding to market adversity with agility, improved processes, and know-how adoption
Welcome to the 2022 State of Sensible Manufacturing Report, essentially the most strong version but. Primarily based on surveys from 321 producers from throughout the globe, the outcomes mirror normal consistency in main components impacting producers.
This examine from Plex Programs, a Rockwell Automation firm, in collaboration with Hanover Analysis, uncovers the present state of good manufacturing, the challenges producers are dealing with, and expectations for the way forward for the trade. Key takeaways embrace an elevated want for agility, know-how, and course of enchancment, so let’s break these down under.
Sensible Manufacturing Adoption Accelerated by 50%
Know-how and automation are driving the following technology of producing, and good manufacturing adoption will proceed to speed up in 2022. Modularization of software program, which permits for incremental know-how adoption, is gaining traction as producers look to change into extra agile within the face of adversity.
- Sensible manufacturing adoption grew by 50% 12 months over 12 months.
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) efforts are being extra extremely prioritized.
- Limitations to entry are decrease, resulting in the next degree of adoption and a extra engaging ROI.
The Pandemic Uncovered Three Evolving Enterprise Challenges
The 2021 and 2022 State of Sensible Manufacturing Reviews made clear that the pandemic uncovered and exacerbated pre-existing situations that producers had beforehand tolerated or used band-aid options to deal with. Provide chain administration, expert employee shortages, and danger mitigation require a brand new method.
- Trendy provide chain administration options have to account for the complexities of at the moment.
- With over 800,000 unfilled manufacturing roles, a brand new method is required to unravel for the expert employee scarcity.
- Danger mitigation continues to evolve, and it’s important to advance with it.
As soon as Over-Hyped Applied sciences Are Fixing At present’s Issues
Applied sciences that have been as soon as considered as over-hyped and unlikely to contribute in a significant method are actually deemed important to success. Cloud, industrial hardened gadgets, and course of automation are serving to firms overcome challenges with the expert employee scarcity, provide chain administration, and danger mitigation. Moreover, augmented actuality and wearables are gaining mainstream adoption by serving to to shortly onboard new staff and entice contemporary expertise.
- 49% of respondents — up almost 20% 12 months over 12 months — are utilizing some type of good gadgets (AR, blended actuality, wearables).
- 75% of respondents view know-how as a key answer to deal with workforce challenges.
- Manufacturing enterprises that current themselves as tech-forward are extra interesting to potential staff.
Accelerating Your Sensible Manufacturing Journey
To attain constructive, enduring change, be considerate about your good manufacturing method. Set and monitor targets for steady enchancment and resolve how you’ll finest measure adoption success early within the course of. Every group is completely different, and the factors laid out right here will assist to ask the best questions in pursuit of solutions that can information your mission.