In these occasions, it’s time to double down — in your expertise, in your data — on you. Be part of us August 8-10 at Inman Join Las Vegas to lean into the shift and study from the very best. Get your ticket now for the very best worth.
Tickets for Join? Examine.
Precedence boarding? Examine.
Lodge reservation? Examine.
Snug footwear? Examine.
Enterprise playing cards? Examine: Nicely, not less than till you notice you truly left them at residence — once more.
It doesn’t matter what you’ll keep in mind or neglect to convey, Inman Join New York 2023 is poised to be an unforgettable expertise for the two,000 attendees, 175 audio system and 50 distributors who will fill the Hilton New York Midtown resort from Jan. 24 to 26.
There’s lots to see, study and do throughout your time in New York Metropolis, and we’re right here that will help you have the final word expertise whether or not it’s your first or tenth time at ICNY. Use the information beneath to expertly navigate convention classes, studying labs and vendor areas and even plan time for enjoyable in Manhattan.
Tuesday, Jan. 24
Welcome to ICNY! You bravely navigated airport safety strains and layovers, survived the rollercoaster of taking a taxi from LaGuardia, JFK or Newark into Manhattan, met the Inman crew at Monday night time’s Welcome Completely satisfied Hour, and now you’re able to dive into the primary day of the convention.
Get began: If you happen to’re an early riser, head right down to Sutton Corridor (second ground) and the Grand Ballroom (third ground) at 8 a.m. to fulfill one of many 50 distributors sharing cutting-edge tech instruments and platforms that make itemizing, advertising and marketing, transaction administration and closings a breeze.
When you’re there, decide up a complimentary cup of joe from The Listings Lab.
Common session: The convention formally kicks off at 9 a.m. with two hours of dynamic audio system gracing the Grand Ballroom stage. Though we hope you’ll stick round for each hours, we perceive the pull of fastidiously deliberate brunch enterprise conferences or different networking alternatives.
With that in thoughts, listed here are three common session segments you’ll be able to’t afford to overlook:
- Brad Inman will open ICNY with a dynamic and insightful keynote detailing the alternatives inside a altering market to remodel your self, your expertise and what you are promoting for the higher.
- The previous three years have been a whirlwind because the housing market responds to a pandemic, seismic shifts in shopper wants, topsy-turvy mortgage charges and different macroeconomic elements which have difficult essentially the most primary choices. Actual CEO Tamir Poleg, Parker89 Managing Associate Nate Levin and Period Ventures Managing Associate Clelia Peters will clarify what’s coming in 2023 and how one can keep forward of the curve.
- Mortgage charges will proceed to be the principle driver of shopper exercise in 2023, with homebuyers and sellers fastidiously monitoring price fluctuations and weighing the advantages and dangers of coming into right this moment’s market. Rocket Mortgage Chief Income Officer Austin Niemiec will share his mortgage forecast for 2023 and clarify how one can assist purchasers make the very best resolution for his or her monetary future.
Take a break: Get some professional social media coaching from Inman World Head of Group Laura Monroe, The Company agent Matt Lionetti and Engel & Völkers agent Karen Stone. The trio will clarify how one can create content material that converts whereas providing just a few laughs within the course of.
Get to the nitty-gritty with workforce, agent and dealer tracks: You’ve spent the morning studying concerning the overarching traits ruling the trade. Now it’s time to learn the way these traits particularly influence your position with energy hours — 4 mini-general classes that includes 4 15-minute chats.
- Group Energy Hour (11 a.m. to midday): If you happen to missed famend actual property coach Jon Cheplak at ICLV in August, right here’s your probability to study his system for efficiently recruiting, coaching and retaining productive and resilient brokers.
- Agent Energy Hour (midday to 1 p.m.): Keller Williams Regional Director Kymber Menkiti, SERHANT. agent Talia McKinney, Duarte Actual Property proprietor Emily Duarte and Realtor Coalition Properties Group Managing Associate Keith James clarify how one can construct relationships and correctly nurture leads from the primary message to the closing desk.
- Dealer Mastermind (midday to 12:45 pm): A talented sailor is rarely inbuilt calm waters and the identical might be stated for a dealer. Hearken to SparkTank Media CEO Jeff Lobb, Completely satisfied Grasshopper founder Dan Stewart and Nest Seekers Worldwide dealer and Managing Director Bianca D’Alessio speak about widespread dealer ache factors and how one can clear up them in a uneven market.
If you happen to missed the facility hours, no worries. The afternoon can be crammed with a number of different specialised tracks, together with The Way forward for Finance (1 to 2 p.m. within the Grand Ballroom), Dealer Join (2 to 4 p.m. within the Trianon Ballroom) and Tech & Knowledge Join (2 to 4 p.m. within the Grand Ballrooms).
These tracks characteristic audio system, equivalent to OJO Chief Actual Property Officer Chris Heller, PLACE Head of Trade Vija Williams, Compass Chief Evangelist Leonard Steinberg, Pacaso co-founder and CEO Austin Allison and Council of A number of Itemizing Companies CEO Denee Evans.
Closing time: Whew! You’ve had a packed first day at ICNY. Finish the day on the Sales space Bar Crawl in Sutton Corridor from 4:30 to five:30 p.m. Meet fellow attendees and our featured distributors whereas having fun with mild snacks and expertly-mixed cocktails — belief me, they’re good.
The after-party: Though you like Inman and want you can keep glued to your convention seat all day lengthy, we’d be remiss to not allow you to expertise the distinctive sights and sounds of New York Metropolis.
The Hilton New York Lodge is close to the legendary Rockefeller Heart, Radio Metropolis Music Corridor, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Museum of Fashionable Artwork. You can even make your method over to Occasions Sq. with a fast taxi trip.
If you happen to’re feeling fancy, Ocean Prime, Mastro’s Steakhouse, Nusr-Et Steakhouse and Le Bernardin are a stone’s throw from the resort. Nevertheless, if you happen to’d like a real NYC street-food expertise, hit up one in every of The Halal Guys’ well-known yellow stalls on the nook of 53rd Avenue and Sixth Avenue. You received’t remorse it.
Wednesday, Jan. 25
Get began: How was that after-party on Tuesday? Tough? After taking a few Tylenol and regaining your power with a fast exercise, start your day with us as soon as once more in Sutton Corridor with complimentary espresso. If you happen to’re a latte aficionado or want one thing stronger than a primary brew, there’s a Starbucks throughout the road from the resort.
Don’t neglect to swing by our registration desk within the Rendezvous Trianon Corridor to select up a substitute badge, chat with attendees and meet a few of our occasions workforce (they’re the very best!).
Common session: what time it’s. Get to the Grand Ballroom brilliant and early to seize a seat and put together for one more day of dynamic audio system. As with yesterday, it’s greatest to stay round for the 2 hours — in any case, you may miss out on a speaker doing a killer crane kick or spilling the beans on a brand new undertaking.
Nevertheless, if that’s not doable, listed here are just a few classes you have to see:
- What makes a superb chief? It will not be what you assume. Brad Inman and Glenn Sanford will sit down and discuss concerning the gentle expertise which might be usually missed in skilled improvement — empathy, kindness and the power to talk to others’ humanity.
- Consolidation is the secret, and everybody is determining how one can hold their piece of the pie as different enterprise fashions entice the eye of brokers and shoppers alike. Anyplace Manufacturers President and CEO Sue Yannaccone will hit the stage to speak concerning the franchise mannequin and what it should take to remain forward of the curve with tech, branding and customer support.
- Layoffs had been the secret in 2022, with a few of the trade’s largest corporations slimming down their workforces in preparation for a lean 2023. Though most leaders have been in a position to glide by way of layoff information, Higher founder and CEO Vishal Garg discovered himself within the sizzling seat after firing 900 staff over Zoom. He’ll take the stage for the primary time since getting back from a short depart of absence.
Take a break: Meet The Company founder Mauricio Umansky and his daughters/enterprise companions Alexia Umansky and Farrah Brittany in a particular meet and greet in Sutton Corridor. Take just a few footage and perhaps get a query or two answered.
Get to the nitty-gritty with breakout classes: Very similar to Tuesday, Wednesday afternoon can be crammed with a plethora of classes geared towards brokers, brokers, workforce leaders and tech wonks.
C-Suite leaders may have the chance to attend the invite-only CEO Join within the Trianon Ballroom from 11 a.m. to three p.m., and a few of the fiercest girls leaders will take over Sutton Corridor for a particular WomanUP! session from 12:15 to 1 p.m.
Listed below are just a few classes to catch:
- Is it a consumers’ market? Is it a sellers’ market? Is it each? Irrespective of the place your market falls on the spectrum, hear Keller Williams Coach and Development Director Dana Cadena, star Compass agent Phillip Salem and eXp Realty Expertise Actual Property Brokers broker-owner Kathy Helbig-Strick clarify how one can expertly navigate a altering market with out driving your self and your purchasers insane.
- So much has modified in the actual property trade over the previous a number of years because the coronavirus accelerated the trail to a fully-digital transaction and ushered in a short period of unprecedented gross sales exercise. Nevertheless, there’s one other change looming forward with a number of lawsuits having the potential to upend buyer-broker agreements as we all know them. Watch Kendall Bonner Group broker-owner Kendall Bonner, Ten Hoeve Realty Group agent Ten Hoeve, Higher Houses and Gardens Native American Group CMO Barry Jenkins and CMLS CEO Denee Evans untangle what a brand new compensation mannequin would imply for the trade.
- When occasions get powerful, the powerful get going. Lamacchia Realty broker-owner and CEO Anthony Lamacchia, Facet Florida Managing Dealer Donnie Pingaro and Olivia Cooley Actual Property CEO Olivia Cooley all clarify why now’s the time for brokers “to get grasping” and spend money on the instruments and techniques to make sure their workforce’s success.
Sidenote: If you happen to’re anxious about lacking out on classes, don’t. Fortunately, your ticket contains entry to playbacks of each common classes and the handful of classes and specialised tracks that can even be live-streamed for our digital ticket holders.
Closing time: Have a look at you! You’ve breezed by way of one other day of ICNY. As a reward, come to Cocktails at Join from 4:30 to five:30 p.m. in Sutton Corridor. Keep in mind these cocktails from yesterday I informed you about? There are much more. Simply take it straightforward so you’ll be able to benefit from the after-party too.
Along with Cocktails at Join, the stunning leaders of WomanUP! are internet hosting their very own cocktail hour at Bridges Bar contained in the Hilton New York Midtown from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
The after-party: The night isn’t finished but! There’s nonetheless lots extra to see and do throughout your final full day in New York Metropolis. Manhattan has lots to supply with entry to Broadway and off-Broadway reveals, a plethora of eating places and different vacationer sights.
Nevertheless, think about giving the opposite boroughs and neighborhoods some love with these occasions:
- Faucet into your internal beginner sommelier on the New York Wine Pageant in Queens. Tickets are $39.
- Go to the ‘Boogie Down Bronx’ and take a look at the Common Hip-Hop Museum’s [R]Evolution of Hip Hop pop-up hosted by Microsoft and MIT. Tickets are $20.
- Have your time within the highlight on the Apollo Theater in Harlem. You may take pictures in entrance of the popular culture landmark after which head down the road to dine at famed chef Marcus Samuelsson’s Crimson Rooster Harlem.
- NYC is a bastion of range. Go to any of town’s cultural hotspots like Ok-City, Chinatown, Little Italy and Jamaica (Queens), which is residence to most of the metropolis’s Caribbean communities in addition to immigrants from India, Bangladesh, Nigeria and Sri Lanka. Use New York Metropolis’s Official Information to plan a night in whichever neighborhood piques your curiosity.
Thursday, Jan. 26
Get began: We’re nearing the house plate! In just a few brief hours, we’ll sadly be saying goodbye and setting our sights on Inman Join Las Vegas (you’ll be sensible to purchase your ICLV tickets now for a fairly candy low cost).
Take your final journey to the registration desk, across the vendor corridor and seize — you need to know this by now — a complimentary cup of espresso from The Listings Lab.
Common session: Since right this moment’s agenda is just two hours lengthy, there needs to be no purpose to go away early except you’re a part of the crew of Aussies who frequently come to ICNY and have a ridiculously lengthy flight residence (G’bye mates!).
However since we’re softies, we’ll nonetheless provide the cheat sheet to the very best classes to catch on Thursday:
- On the final depend, there are greater than 1 million Realtors in the US. However guess what? There are nowhere close to 1 million houses to promote — so meaning some fierce competitors is afoot amongst brokers to realize market share with the very best brokers by their sides. Compass regional president Rory Golod, @properties Christie’s Worldwide Actual Property co-founder and co-CEO Thad Wong and eXp Realty Chief Technique Officer Leo Pareja will take the stage to speak about consolidation and what the additional competitors means for you.
- Diversification is the secret, and Keller Williams President Marc King will share how brokers and brokers can create further income streams within the midst of a market slowdown and doable recession.
- I’m positive you may have loads of burning questions from the week’s classes. Ask all of them and extra throughout Meet the Audio system from 11 to 11:45 a.m. within the West Promenade Hallway. Marc King, Dolly Lenz, Bernice Ross, Anthony Lamacchia and extra can be sharing their beneficial insights over the past moments of ICNY 2023.
You’ve made it — Take the afternoon to do some networking, sightseeing, or put together in your flight residence. Though Inman Join New York is over, you’ll be able to proceed the journey by watching replays of convention classes and making Inman a part of your each day studying routine. You’re studying Inman, proper? Proper? Good.
Till subsequent time!
E mail Marian McPherson